Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Deer Hawk Sweat Lodge


We held a traditional sweat lodge ceremony last night. Donna Wood Eaton was the facilitator. As soon as I made an offering to Donna in request of the ceremony, it felt like an engine was turning a wheel closer to the special day. The spirit guides and ancestors* of those who would attend were helping us in the dream worlds to prepare for the event. The swan-diving winged beings of white light and the indigo ancestors were dancing for whole week before the ceremony began.

The Stone People are the grandparents. Each asks to be involved in the ceremony. Each woman is asked to listen to the stones, and waits in line to deliver the grandparent to the fire. My stones each identified themselves this way, "Heart", "Mica", "Alabaster", and then the last one that talked really loudly to me in a deep man's voice. "I wanna come. You have to take me. I belong in there." The face of this grandfather rock was a large orange-red rectangle. He seemed to be smiling.

The hooting owl, the soaring hawks, and the gentle deer brought us messages to guide the ceremony. I was honored to lay the skull of the buffalo on the spirit trail with our intentions. How alive the bones of the buffalo were! Quart rocks were also placed. The crystal energy was very strong.

The 'placentas' of the womb-like cave glowed red, sparkling like stars. A crack in the cosmic egg burst. Out of the galactic center, the copal smoke rose inside the circle and carried my spirit up into the trees of the Colombian Andes.

As part of part of my rebirth, I began wearing Invisilign again. After the lodge, my teeth have magically shifted, and are looking much straighter already.

And I am looking forward to my training as a deejay/radio host! I wonder if Winter will herald opportunities to be a sub for the various programs. My spirit is so eager to learn these new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment