Sunday, October 27, 2013

Hermia from A Midsummer Night's Dream


My client Heather Brown Kotel chose Hermia from A Midsummer Night's Dream as a character from a legend or literature to portray. She is a lovely subject. We had great fun!


HERMIA: I would my father look'd but with my eyes.


HERMIA: My good Lysander! I swear to thee, by Cupid's strongest bow, By his best arrow with the golden head, By the simplicity of Venus' doves, By that which knitteth souls and prospers loves, And by that fire which burn'd the Carthage queen, When the false Troyan under sail was seen, By all the vows that ever men have broke, In number more than ever women spoke, In that same place thou hast appointed me, To-morrow truly will I meet with thee.




HERMIA: Never so weary, never so in woe, Bedabbled with the dew and torn with briers, I can no further crawl, no further go. My legs can keep no pace with my desires. Here will I rest me till the break of day. Heavens shield Lysander if they mean a fray! (lies down and sleeps)




HERMIA: (waking) Help me, Lysander, help me! Do thy best To pluck this crawling serpent from my breast. Ay me, for pity! What a dream was here. Lysander, look how I do quake with fear. Methought a serpent eat my heart away, And you sat smiling at his cruel pray.




HERMIA: Am not I Hermia? Are not you Lysander?

No comments:

Post a Comment